June 6, 2018
RE: Graduation Events
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation. It has been a long journey filled with tests, quizzes, assignments, research papers, school fees, and exam passes, but the end is in sight!
As we approach graduation, here is some important information:
- Starting June 4, 2018, you must have paid your graduation fee in order to get your completion letter.
- The deadline for financial clearance is Friday, June 22, 2018.
- The deadline to apply for your completion letter is Friday, June, 22, 2018. To receive your completion letter, you will need:
- Completion of all your degree requirements
- Graduation Application Form
- Signed clearance form from the DVCSAS Office
- Completion letter from your department and school dean
- If you are doing a minor, a completion letter from the department and school dean
- Current Student Account Statement showing a credit balance of at least Kshs 12,300/=.
- Graduands can receive a copy of their transcript after graduation. If you have not requested a transcript before, the first transcript is free, and each additional transcript is Kshs 500/=. Transcripts need to be requested no later than July 11, 2018, and will be available starting July 16, 2018.
- The order of names on your degree certificate will be the order of names on your admission document as required by Kenyan law. Degree certificates will be available starting July 16, 2018.
- Graduands requiring accommodation over graduation week-end should provide their own bedding. The accommodation paid with the graduation fee covers shared room space in the halls of residence, bed, mattress and food.
- There may be limited accommodation facilities available in the halls of residences for parents and relatives on a first come, first serve basis at a cost.
- Regalia will be issued by your school. Check with them to see when you are to pick up your regalia. You will need your completion letter and a copy of your current statement to pick up your regalia. Regalia is issued on a first-come first served basis, so come early to have the best selection.
- You will receive a meal card for meals in the cafeteria when you pick up your regalia. The meal card will have your name on it and is non-transferable. Do not give it to anyone else to use.
- Regalia must be returned by 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 15, 2018. There will be a Kshs 500/= charge for gowns returned on Monday and an additional charge of Kshs 1000/= for each additional day until the regalia is returned.
List of events for Graduation Week-End:
- July 12, 2018, 10:00 a.m. Graduation Rehearsal at the auditorium. THIS IS A REQUIRED EVENT FOR ALL GRADUANDS.
- July 12, 2018, 4:30 p.m. Graduation Rehearsal in the church. THIS IS A REQUIRED EVENT FOR ALL GRADUANDS.
- July 12, 2018, 7:30 p.m. Graduate Studies Dedication and Hooding Ceremony at the Amphitheatre.
- July 13, 2018, 9:00 a.m. School of Health Sciences Pinning and Dedication Service at the Amphitheatre.
- July 13, 2018, 6:00 p.m. Line up for Consecration Service at the church wearing your regalia. THIS IS A REQURIED EVENT FOR ALL GRADUANDS.
- July 13, 2018, 7:00 p.m. Consecration Service in the church. THIS IS A REQUIRED EVENT FOR ALL GRADUANDS
- July 14, 2018, 9:00 a.m. Sabbath School at the church. THIS IS A REQUIRED EVENT FOR ALL GRADUANDS.
- July 14, 2018, 10:30 a.m. Line up for Baccalaureate Service at the church wearing your regalia. THIS IS A REQUIRED EVENT FOR ALL GRADUANDS.
- July 14, 2018, 11:00 a.m. Baccalaureate Service at the church. THIS IS A REQUIRED EVENT FOR ALL GRADUANDS.
- July 14, 2018, 3:00 p.m. Tribute to Parents, Guardians, Sponsors, and Faculty in the church. THIS IS A REQUIRED EVENT FOR ALL GRADUANDS.
- July 15, 2018, 8:00 a.m. Line up for commencement at the auditorium wearing your regalia. THIS IS A REQUIRED EVENT FOR ALL GRADUANDS.
- July 15, 2018 8:30 a.m. Commencement. THIS IS A REQUIRED EVENT FOR ALL GRADUANDS.
- Each graduand will receive three (3) invitation cards to give to family members.
- Please be on time to all events. Graduands who come for Consecration, Baccalaureate, and Commencement after the service has started will not be seated.
- Regalia is required to be worn for Consecration, Baccalaureate, and Commencement.
- Please do not get up and leave your seat once you have marched into the church for Consecration and Baccalaureate.
- During Commencement, please remain in your seat until your school is called to receive your degree cover. After receiving your degree cover, return to your seat to wait for the recessional.
- Do not clap, shout, yell, or any other such activity when individual graduands are receiving their degree covers. Hold your applause until after all graduands have received their degree covers.
Your cooperation is appreciated to help make this a memorable and enjoyable week-end for everyone.
University of Eastern Africa, Baraton