The Department of Agriculture is structured and operated on the belief that human beings are the custodians of the earth and its environment. Humans, therefore, have the primary responsibility to make a positive contribution to the development of Agriculture, particularly in the areas of resource conservation, food production, poverty alleviation, and environmentally sustainable development. It is our belief that Agriculture is a God instituted activity. Agriculture majors are trained to appreciate the value of the call to till the land, tend livestock, promote sustainable agricultural resource management, promote equity in access to food, alleviate poverty, accelerate economic development and be successful stewards.
Mr. Frackson Mkandawire
The department of agriculture at UEAB enables close contact and interaction between students and faculty enabling success and academic growth of each individual. This has been facilitated by offering practical oriented courses where students have hands on experience/skills at the Research and Demonstration Farm and also in the classroom. Agriculture graduates of the University are encouraged not only to be job seekers but employers as well. Faculty in the department are dedicated to offer what is best for the clients and I encourage you to join us in this noble field of agriculture as we study and work towards making our country, our region and our world food secure. You are welcome.
- 1. Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (BSc Agriculture)
- 2. Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (Specialization in Animal Science)
- 3. Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (Specialization in Crop and Soil Science)
- 4. Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (Specialization in Horticultural Science)
- 5. Bachelor of Science in Agri-Business (Specialization in Agri- Business)
- 6. Bachelor of Technology in Agriculture (BT Agriculture)
- 7. Minor in Agriculture.
- 8. Specially Designed Programme for BEd Students Qualifying them to Teach Agriculture in Secondary Schools.
- Course Listing
- Course Descriptions
- Admission requirements
List of Faculty
- Mkandawire, F. L.(Chairperson)
- Angwenyi, G. N.
- Mairura, C.
- Ngalo, S